Flatten the Curve
As many states begin to reopen, we all have feelings of uncertainty going into spaces we used to not think twice about. The grocery store, a coffee shop, your own work desk are all spaces that we used to frequent. At SERVPRO of Woodbury/Deptford we are offering our disinfectant services to places of businesses, so employees and customers feel safe in your place of business. In New Jersey, we have a responsibility to take care of our fellow neighbors.
Practicing preventative cleaning for reopening is essential. When SERVPRO of Woodbury/Deptford enters your home or business, we are able to disinfect your entire area with EPA approved products. As we look toward the reopening date, we want to ensure your business is prepared to act and your home is sanitized to guarantee safety.
We are providing disinfecting services for COVID-19 as well as general detailed cleanings for unoccupied homes collecting dust.
Our Disinfectant services include:
- Through cleaning of effected areas with disinfectants approved by the EPA
- Approved Hospital Grade disinfectant. Our cleaners are usable on any surface and is safe.
- Surface wiping of critical contact areas. Fixtures, keyboards, phones, door handles, certain contents within the affected area are hand wiped. A 5-10 minute dwell time should be allowed post wipe down. Walls up to a height of approximately 5’ throughout traffic areas.
- Technicians will always wear masks and gloves. If needed, overalls will also be worn.
Since many homes and offices have been vacant for some time, we also offer a detailed floor to ceiling deep cleaning, from base molding to crown molding including: content manipulation, carpets and upholstered furniture if needed. We will clean every square foot leaving your home or office in the highest condition.
SERVPRO of Washington/Woolwich is dedicated to help flatten the curve and insure your safety so you can spend more time focusing on the important things in life. If you have any questions, feel free to call us here at SERVPRO of Washington/Woolwich, 856-241-9997.
A storm can cause major trouble for homes and businesses alike. From gale force winds to lightning strikes, a storm can cause major damage. While every storm may not cause catastrophic damage to your home, even a small roof puncture from a tree limb or flying debris can be enough to allow substantial runoff and torrential rainfall to pour into your home. A falling tree can cause serious damage to your roof, siding and windows. Heavy rain can also cause concern for potential flooding.
Below are a few tips to help keep your home safe and dry in the event of a storm:
- Routinely check your home or business for flaws in the structure. This includes your siding and roof. Even the smallest hole can allow rainwater in, which can lead to water damage and mold growth.
- Trim larger branches that could potentially cause structural damage if a storm caused them to fall on your home or business.
- Make sure that sump pumps are working properly. Sump pump overflows during a storm are a leading cause of water damage.
When your home or business suffers damage as a result of a storm, SERVPRO of Washington/Woolwich is here to help. We can be reached 24/7 at 856-241-9997.
Partial Losses vs Total Losses?
As someone in property management, you know there are various risks that you face each day. One of the costliest dangers that you must prepare for is storm damage. Without proper preparation, a storm can cause severe harm to your property and lead to steep repair and replacement costs. However, equipping yourself for the next storm on your property is only a matter of following a few simple steps. Here are some essential storm preparedness guidelines to follow before a natural disaster targets your area.
Gather Relevant Information
Having all of your information in place before a storm will allow you to feel in control once the bad weather hits. Be sure to verify that you have the following key pieces of information well in advance of the storm:
- Updated contact info from renters
- Renters’ emergency contacts
- Contact info for service providers (roofers, general contractors, etc.)
- Current service agreements
Taking inventory of this necessary information ahead of time can prevent you from feeling unprepared in the event of a storm.
Prepare Your Renters
It’s completely natural for your renters to feel nervous or overwhelmed at the thought of an imminent storm. That’s why a crucial storm preparedness guideline is to clearly communicate with residents so that they understand what to do in a severe weather event. The more informed your renters are, the more confident they will feel.
Take Every Detail Into Account
To be as prepared as possible before a storm, you need to create an elaborate plan that takes every potential risk into account. Everything from employee roles to your insurance policy should be included in your emergency plan. For extra safety, be sure to outline what each employee should do before, during and after the storm to ensure that they have adequate guidance every step of the way.
Taking storm preparedness seriously is vital for anyone who works in property management. To keep your building in optimal condition after the weather incident, be sure to contact storm damage restoration professionals immediately.
Since its founding in 1967 SERVPRO has expanded to over 1,700 locations across the United States and Canada. Since then, SERVPRO has also greatly expanded the array of services we offer. Since those services range from carpet cleaning and deodorization to large scale disaster recovery and with SERVPRO’s 1,700+ locations our collective knowledge and experience are one of the greatest assets SERVPRO has and we know how to use it. SERVPRO locations provide all kinds of support to each other ranging from equipment to people-power and technical advice. Sometimes we might run into an issue that we have not encountered before or possibly elements to a job that prevents our normal methods for jobs. This is when we have been able to rely on the knowledge base which our corporate office and other SERVPRO’s have accumulated. It does not matter what emergency you are facing. From Water Mitigation, Fire Restoration, or Mold Remediation. SERVPRO has the team and backing to handle it all. We are known for taking care of big problems and disasters, but we also are adept at helping people with issues you normally may not know the solution too. If you have an emergency which makes you think “I don’t even know who does this”, try giving us a call at 856-294-9997.
Cleaning Beyond COVID Chaos - 7 Steps for Small Businesses
In recent months, the world has changed beyond recognition. Businesses of all sizes have had to pivot and adjust at breakneck speed in response to the pandemic breakout of the coronavirus. Whether you’re a shop-fronted business, an office-based organization, or a startup working from a co-working space, no one has been left unaffected.
In the coming months, each country will gradually go at their own pace to start lifting restrictions. Communities will slowly start to come back together. Store entrances will tentatively reopen their doors. Staff will eventually return to their desks, and meetings will resume their place in time.
But what will the future hold, beyond this?
In order to overcome this crisis, it’s vital to hold on to the facts. We need to gather together to implement strong, clear hygiene practices in our workplaces going forwards. We must embrace the relevant information provided and turn it into positive practices for a clean, safe working environment.
Our staff teams are relying on us to keep them safe.
At SERVPRO of Washington/Woolwich, we work with a wide range of customers in need of specialist support services from domestic disasters. Fire restoration, specialized cleaning and water damage are just some of the services we provide. With the arrival of COVID-19, we are working harder than ever to keep our customers and staff safe!
Here are our 7 effective steps that we recommend for your business through the coronavirus chaos and beyond:
- Remain informed. At the moment, the updates are changing hourly, yet alone daily. It can seem overwhelming, but staying informed about the latest advice is crucial. Gather information from trusted sources, such as the World Health Organization rather than hearsay from colleagues or newsfeeds. By doing so, you will be empowering your business team rather than scare mongering them.
- Educate your staff. Are your managers fully clear on how social distancing should operate? Do your office team understand the government precautions and what they implicate? Use simple, positive language to deliver training on hand washing practices, cleaning scheduling, and personal hygiene. By doing so, you will be creating a safer workspace for everyone.
- Reassure your team. Your staff groups are likely going to be hyper vigilant when they return to work, as they have been impacted by the scarier news stories they have seen on their screens during lockdown. They may be more anxious than usual, and concerned about how they can do their jobs safely while still achieving their goals. Use positive, straightforward language in all communications to reassure each person that their safety is in good hands. They will appreciate your constructive approach and be much more likely to adhere to safety practices.
- Provide appropriate products. Hand sanitizer should be a standard product you supply for those working within your small business. Make sure you have plenty stocked up. Depending on the type of business you have, you might also want to purchase specialist cleaning products and equipment. If your staff needs training to use them, head back to step 2 of this guide.
- Use floor markings. We are all doing our best to stick to the distancing rules, but it can be easy to forget them when we become engaged in a conversation. To help your staff and clients stay safe, mark out 6 feet gaps between workstations and places where people might be likely to gather. This will also provide a handy frame for someone to refer to if they need to politely remind a colleague who is overstepping boundaries accidentally.
- Utilize effective signage. While your staff team adjust to new practices of health and safety, help them by placing guidance signage in easy to see places. This will help to normalize the changes whilst also providing additional educational opportunities. Remember, knowledge is power. Equip your staff with the right information and you will be avoiding further issues down the line.
- Consider shift cycles. Depending on the type of business you have, consider creating shift patterns for safety purposes. Even an office-based business can benefit from doing this in helping to lessen the numbers of groups of people in the space at the same time. Try out various pattern styles to see how it could work for your business. You can also continue implementing remote work for those staff members who don’t necessarily need to be physically present.
During these challenging times, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed. With so much noise coming from news desks and newsfeeds, it’s difficult to navigate forward. However, it’s important to stay focused on the facts of this situation rather than the fearful guessing games that are so common at the moment.
This is not a time to panic - it is a time to plan.
We all want to be back in business as soon as possible. We want to overcome these unprecedented times. Not only that, we want to return to a clean environment that our staff can feel safe within. This, above all, is vital practice for an organization of any size going forwards.
If any of your staff team show any of the key symptoms of the virus, then take immediate action to gain medical support for them. Remove them from your workplace as soon as possible, in order to keep your staff team safe. Wellbeing practices such as this will become the norm for some time, and we must accept this in order to keep our businesses and our staff safe.
This too, shall pass. Despite how it might feel right now, we will survive this chaos, and move on from its clutches. We will overcome this, ultimately. Perhaps as we emerge from lockdown, we will move into our collective futures with an even greater sense of value for the teams who work with us and the customers who facilitate our successes.
Stay safe, stay well, and stay positive. We are in this together!
Hoarding Clean Up Services
Do you know anyone you would consider a ‘Collector’, ‘Pack-Rat’, or…a ‘Hoarder’?
Without going into the psychology of Hoarding Disorder, or HD, a hoarding situation can escalate from
- a clutter issue
- to a health and sanitation issue
- to a safety issue
- In an emergency situation, such as fire, blocked pathways could be disastrous.
Our IICRC certified team at SERVPRO® of Washington/Woolwich have the training, experience, and equipment to handle hoarding cleanup. In addition, our crews are professional, polite and tactful. For more information on our Advanced Technology & Techniques.
How we can help:
- Assess the situation
- Dispose of Debris
- Can do an Inventory of items
- Floor to ceiling Cleaning, Disinfecting and Deodorizing
- Demolition, if necessary, such as remove affected carpeting, flooring, and drywall
- We can rent dumpsters and storage containers to have on-site
- Our Crews wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while at these job sites, to avoid infection
Our focus is on indoor cleanup; not outdoor spaces such as yards and fields.
Need help with Hoarding Cleanup?
Call SERVPRO of Washington/Woolwich today at 856-241-9997
We are “Here to Help”
Faster to Any Disaster
Fast 24-Hour Emergency Service
Fun Fact: Did you know that there are over 60 SERVPRO Franchises in the state of New Jersey?
Being locally owned and operated, as well as being a franchise of a nationally recognized brand, is the best of both worlds. We live and work locally, and know South Jersey well.
Our technicians are IICRC certified in Water Damage Restoration.
Crew member training is constantly ongoing if on a job site or in house training.
For a faster response, our high-tech equipment is preloaded and neatly organized on our vehicles. Our high-tech equipment includes:
- moisture detection and measurement equipment
- water extraction and drying equipment
- techniques for deodorization and anti-microbial treatments
For more information on our advanced technology, click here.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 856-241-9997
And remember, “We’re Here to Help”
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Washington/Woolwich 856-241-9997
Board Up Services
After an emergency involving one’s own property, whether it be a bad storm, fire, or water damage, properties need to be boarded up. Board ups are done to prevent the properties from incurring any further damage before the remediation process can begin. Most people are experiencing emotional trauma after an emergency involving their own property. By calling SERVPRO of Washington/Woolwich in for a board up, it relieves some of the stress and leaves our customers with time to deal with the accident on their own time.
Aside from the board up, we also can start the remediation and restoration process as soon as possible. Our services are available 24/7 and we always have a crew on call ready to assist in emergency situations. Give us a call today at 856-241-9997
Fire Disaster Clean-Up
When the smoke settles and the commotion dies down and all the fire trucks leave, a new fleet of trucks will arrive. You will be swarmed by companies who will all have different stories claiming: the fire department sent them, they were called by your insurance company, or even that your neighbor called them.
As customers you have the right to choose who helps with your fire restoration and clean up. SERVPRO® of Washington/Woolwich would love to be that help, and help with mostly all your other clean up needs. We have been working in the community to provide the best customer service. If a disaster should strike your home or business, make sure to call SERVPRO® of Washington/Woolwich 856-241-9997.
We can make it, “Like it never even happened.”