Mold Prevention Tips
The most common places for mold growth in your home are basements, bathrooms/showers, attics and crawl spaces. You can help prevent your home from becoming an environment for mold growth. Here's how:
- Moisture control is KEY. Keep areas clean and dry. Dry wet or dam areas within 48 hours.
- Watch for condensation and wet spots. Fix the source of moisture problem as soon as possible.
- Maintain low indoor humidity, below 60 percent relative humidity.
- Keep heating, ventilation, and air conditioning drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed.
- Vent moisture generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible. If mold damage, threatens your home or office contact SERVPRO of Washington /Woolwich. We are here to help and care for not only your home or office, but for you as an individual.
- If you are not experienced with home/building repairs you may want to consider a professional mold specialist when making repairs.