Carpets and Upholstery Cleaning
Carpets will age over time. Upholstery gets older. But SERVPRO® of Washington/Woolwich knows you want to keep your favorite part of your home as new looking as possible. SERVPRO® of Washington/Woolwich has some tip of keeping them as clean as possible.
Tips for cleaning carpets:
- Make sure to vacuum often
- Start with a clean bag or filter
- Vacuum at the right speed
Tips for cleaning upholstery:
- Use the vacuum cleaner attachment
- Use a light color microfiber cloths
- A bucket, distilled water, liquid dish soap, and distilled white vinegar
- Make sure you read all the tags properly
After following the tips, and you still notice stains; discoloration; or something that is too big to clean make sure you call the professionals at SERVPRO® of Washington/Woolwich
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
Call Today – (856) 241-9997
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Preventative MaintenanceCarpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today.